My blog was down for the couple past days, because I changed the hoster.
Normally it should have been very smoothly. The domain was due to expired on July 1st 2017 . The support at FastComet told me to renew at Planethoster because they need 15 days to transfer. But I didn’t expect a 60 day lock after transferring my domain raychenon.com to the new hoster. Somehow the registrant’s information (WHOIS ) was modified when I ordered the transfer not by me directly.
FastComet transferred the website content ( DB, images, post , …) but the domain name was still with Planethoster. Since the transfer was in progress, I couldn’t edit the DNS, nameservers . But the support at Planethoster could. I was just the middle man between Planethoster and FastComet. The fix took a week.
Currently the domain is still with Planethoster, but all the existing links are there.
To avoid the 60-day lock :
- Request the transfer to another registrar before changing the registrant’s information
- Have the prior registrant opt-out the 60-day lock (if this option is offered by the registrar) before making any change to registrant information.
In the next post, I will explain the reasons why I changed the Cloud Hosting for my blog powered by wordpress.
It’s one week old since I’ve been to Amsterdam for KingsOfCode. I had one contact (never met in person) on my LinkedIn who organized a side-event. In less than 5 days I planned my trip from Paris to Amsterdam. And I so enjoy it, I talked with passionnate people. With smaller conference, I can feel mor human atmosphere where you can to talk to speakers directly.
Here are some pics. Mike Malone (Pownce) and Andy Smith (Jaiku) both were doing a presentation on Django framework.
- – About micro-blogging . What makes Twitter so popular ?
- – If you find that one, please let us know . Mike
- – That’s not because it’s built on top of Ruby on Rails 🙂
- – I don’t think people care what’s build n top. Andy
I also chatted with Francisco Tolmasky, former Apple employee.
- – What kind of profile does Steve Jobs has ? Is he a UI designer, software architect, marketing guy …
- – Well he’s the guy who chooses what features to add or remove from the ideas . Without Jobs , Apple wouldn’t be what it is today.
This morning on TV, I learnt about a fan Tolkien made movie : ‘The Hunt of Gollum’ for a budget 3000 £ . 160 people were cast on the 40-minute story I think it’s mind-buggling how much can be done for so few means.
With a budget of £3,000, the film cost somewhat less than Peter Jackson’s trilogy, but that doesn’t mean this fan-film looks like it was put together with cardboard and string.The trailer promises a lavish production that models itself closely on Jackson’s vision of Middle-earth – with North Wales, Epping Forest and Hampstead Heath doubling for Tolkien’s orc-infested lands.
For more information http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8022623.stm
The trailer is available on youtube.